Monday, February 25, 2008

[Alan Moore and David Lloyd's V for Vendetta, Book Two]

Of all the things that were changed for the film, I'm incredibly glad to learn that the Valerie bit is still in there. It's very powerful in the movie, the story of her and her lover, and it's important in the novel as well. Moore uses individuals to show what the changes to England have done. With V, Evey, and Valeria, we get an up-close-and-personal look at not only people with the letter "V" prominent in their names, but how the takeover has impacted everyday people. It makes the entire story more realistic (and thus scarier).

I might add more to that later. For now, check out this wicked graphic that took forever to do for my manifesto:

I had to go through and use a select tool to get all of the blood before I could desaturate everything else. This meant zooming in to 800x and hand-and-wrist pain. See, my wireless mouse won't work with my laptop, since my laptop is pitifully broken. Even if it would work, I don't want to go hunt it down. God only knows where it's run off from. The picture is a still frame of a dead Russian from The Boondock Saints. Those are pennies over his eyes (the fare for passing the River Styx, y'know?). He was shot in the back of the head, so the bullet exitwounds are through his eyes, just to be clear. It turned out pretty cartoon-y with the blood, which is good since that was my intention (cartoons to comics to graphic novels).

No comments: