Monday, March 31, 2008

[Fun Home, ch. 1-4, Alison Bechdel]

I began to read Fun Home before the semester even started, so I've been excited to get to this one for months now. Quick note on it: from the very beginning, Bechdel uses text outside the panels, serving as a kind of voice over narration; I love this style. However, I'm going to hold off gushing over it until Wednesday, because I have Watchmen stills from the upcoming movie. They're next to panels from the original comics, so it's pretty cool to see how it's all shaping up.

Nixon poster


Newsstand


Gunga Diner



Treasure Island


No, I don't normally browse Maxim.com; I got linked to their Watchmen galleries through another site.

1 comment:

Pat said...

so the armistice was on November 11, 1918 (Kurt Vonnegut's birthday, by the way, though he wasn't born till four years later) but the Treaty of Versailles was in June of 1919. That's all I was saying, but I think we agreed on that anyway.