Wednesday, February 13, 2008

[ch. 7-9 of Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud]

Since John brought it up, and it still relates to visual media, obviously, here's the Gnarls Barkley video for
Crazy:


And yes, I am trying to psychoanalyze
all of you, even though I don't know how to properly do so. I think some of the reason I don't stare too hard at the ink blots is because so many of them do look like insects. (I have a grave fear of insects. Not spiders, just bugs. We're talking phobia-level fear, here.)

McCloud is still his wacky and crazy self for this section. I have to say I feel bad for his wife (and child!) in the last panel, though. It's like, seriously? That's kind of sick. It looks like he's neglecting his family. Also, toward the end, he experiments with a manga-type style. I honestly like the manga style; I've barely read any, just what my friend(s) have forced on me, but it's prettier. It seems more well done than a lot of "realistic" American comics. Maybe I just like how're they actual books more so than comics? I'm not sure.

No comments: